Skip to main content

Parents' visit

Invited my parents for one night stay over, as my duty as their daughter. Told them to go check out Tokyo Midtown in Roppongi, a newly opened shopping mall where Ritz is.

Off course they were happy being with their grand daughter, never leave her alone. Good form me as I can do my stuff and don't have to hold her whenever she demands. BUT, I can't let it happen too often as I get stressed listening to my mother, keep saying we should have more babies.

Parents are greedy. They never be satisfied with you.

I try to be nice to them, tell them that this is my life, and not theirs. They can't understand what I'm saying.

"What's wrong with wishing you happiness?". You can't decide what's my happiness is. It's in me to feel when I'm happy, and it's not theirs. Admit it, it's your happiness.

My mother thinks that I tell her such things because I don't like her around. Yes, exactly. I want her to be independent. She's still young and many years to go. She already finished bringing me up, and I became independent. They did a good job, and I'm thankful that I became what I am today.

Having a baby made me think strongly that it's good to be alive. It may sound strange, but you don't need any sublime purposes to live, but it's good you're here. It's a miracle you're born to this world: isn't that a enough reason to be happy? So why can't I be happy? Why can't they be satisfied with what I am??

They've been always wanting me to be better on everything. I tried keeping it up, as a child trying to gain their love. But, one day, I realized that they would never be satisfied whatever I do. So, I gave up responding to them. I started seeking my life, not what they designed me to live.

Now, my mother is shifting the target to my sister, as I won't listen to her about doing what she wants me to do. Well, I thought she agreed on some of my talks, but guess she doesn't want to hear it from her own daughter....

After they left, my baby kept crying almost 1 hour before finally going to sleep, which was unusual. I guess she was tired of hosting my parents, or listening our conversation, thinking what was waiting for her in future.... I promise I'll leave you alone!

Comments

Unknown said…
My grandma (Grandma Esther's mother) listened to me explain my job (at the time I was responsible for Process Development in Scandinavia).

She said, "I'm an uneducated woman, born a peasant in Lithuania. When I attended your Ph.D. graduation ceremony I imagined great accomplishments in your future - maybe even a Nobel Prize, like Jonas Salk (A jewish man from New York City who invented the vaccine for polio)."

She said, "Tell me, are you going to work in a soap factory for the rest of your life?"

Believe it or not, I understand where you're coming from.

Love,

Popular posts from this blog

浮き輪

浮き輪 Originally uploaded by piroko_kuroda She had mild fever for past a couple days with lose tummy, and the fever got very high on Fri. So, took her to hospital in the morning, and got antifebrile. It worked well, but we stayed home all day inside to take it easy.

Heat at concrete jungle called Tokyo

  都心で涼を求めて水辺を散歩。でもやっぱり暑い!更科さんの風鈴の音に一番涼しさを感じました。 Naoya Little waterfall in the city Masaki Water garden Very hot... 更科の風鈴の音が涼しげ

Science experiment of dry ice

Science experiment of dry ice Originally uploaded by piroko_kuroda