Skip to main content

Teddy Bears

Saturday is Teddy Bears' day. There's a famous story that the stuffed bears were originally named after Theodore Roosevelt, and this Saturday is his birthday. The original teddy bear (not necessary known as a Teddy Bear back then) was made by Steiff, a German stuffed animal company, back in 1880. An original old Steiff bear is now worth more than a few million yen.
I use to make some stuffed animals, and it's very hard to make one with a good smiling face. Positioning the eyes is especially difficult! It might be one of the reasons why I can't help buying cute stuffed animals whenever I see them -- because I know it's almost impossible to make the exact same face. My mania for stuffed animals sometimes makes me the target of fun by my male friends. But then, I have to ask them, "What's up with all your toys: robots, pikachu, PCs, audio equipment, and such...?" That usually shuts them up!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

浮き輪

浮き輪 Originally uploaded by piroko_kuroda She had mild fever for past a couple days with lose tummy, and the fever got very high on Fri. So, took her to hospital in the morning, and got antifebrile. It worked well, but we stayed home all day inside to take it easy.

Heat at concrete jungle called Tokyo

  都心で涼を求めて水辺を散歩。でもやっぱり暑い!更科さんの風鈴の音に一番涼しさを感じました。 Naoya Little waterfall in the city Masaki Water garden Very hot... 更科の風鈴の音が涼しげ

Science experiment of dry ice

Science experiment of dry ice Originally uploaded by piroko_kuroda