Skip to main content

Thought on lunch

Gorgeous weather today. Took a walk to Azabu Juban and Roppongi Hills with Tonchan. Stopped by for my lunch at a reasonably well received restaurant, Rxjxx, and it was surprisingly bad I can't resist writing about ....! The restaurant is facing to a garden and has tables out, and I thought it was a family friendly place since I saw many mothers with kids/babies there. It was off peak, around 13:30, I imagined they could manage the service no problem, but I guess I was wrong.

Ordered the lunch before taking the table, so that I wouldn't have to wait too long. Took a seat which was right next to the serving corner that restaurant staff always came by. Settled Tonchan beside me. I was prepared. But they weren't, I guess....

The dish I wanted, salmon, was gone. Well, that happens. Ordered a hamburger steak instead. Asked them to bring me a drink first so that they wouldn't have to wait for me to finish my lunch. Next time when a staff came to my table, he brought me a main dish. I thought I had salad to come first, but, well, that happens. The hamburger steak had rice on the side, which was amazingly terrible. First I thought it was some special, healthy rice, but it wasn't; wasn't simply cooked well. It's so difficult screwing up cooking rice, and I've never had such bad one in my life. Really really bad. I looked around, couldn't believe people were eating this crap!! I left most of it. Then, the salad came. Still my drink wasn't showing up. Finished the food, wondering were my drink was, a staff came over and asked me if I finished my drink.

"Mmm, no, it's not here yet..."

He freaked up and came back with my drink, finally.

So, wondering why I had to pay JPY1,200 for such lunch, I figured it was for the table and status to be in this restaurant at THE ROPPONGI HILLS. Looking around, there was a huge group of mothers with infants using 10 tables, bulky baby carriers of the latest styles, with perfect makeups, curly long hairs, dressed in GUCCI, and whatnot. This wasn't a kind of place for me, wearing rugby shirt and jeans with a baby in Combi baby carrier. It was a to-be-seen place for wanna-be-fashionable people. I don't think I'll ever go back.

So, went on walking to B2F which has food court, bought a tuna & avocado role for the real lunch, and finished it at the table on the public space. It was good roles.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

浮き輪

浮き輪 Originally uploaded by piroko_kuroda She had mild fever for past a couple days with lose tummy, and the fever got very high on Fri. So, took her to hospital in the morning, and got antifebrile. It worked well, but we stayed home all day inside to take it easy.

Heat at concrete jungle called Tokyo

  都心で涼を求めて水辺を散歩。でもやっぱり暑い!更科さんの風鈴の音に一番涼しさを感じました。 Naoya Little waterfall in the city Masaki Water garden Very hot... 更科の風鈴の音が涼しげ

Science experiment of dry ice

Science experiment of dry ice Originally uploaded by piroko_kuroda