Skip to main content

Directions

When we came back from walk, a woman asked me where Aiiku hospital was.

"It's on the other side of the hill."

She gave me a face, and asked me another question.

"Where is Arisgawa park?"

"It's on the other side of the hill."

This park is located right next to the Aiiku hospital, therefore, my answer was the same as the first one, although I could have answered it was next to the hospital. She again gave me a face, and asked me another question.

"Where does this lead to?"

Well, farther from the hospital and the park, I thought. "It leads you to Mita."

"I just followed the street!!"

Uh, hoping you would find the hospital eventually? She started telling me this, very irritated, and repeated the same questions she just asked, again, as if she couldn't believe she was wrong, and my answers were right.

Uh-oh. I shouldn't be involved in this.

I just shrugged my shoulders. I couldn't change geography. She just left, returned to where she came from.

I usually give directions if I were asked, but the way she acted gave me a warning, and I didn't bother. I don't think she would've understood the directions even if I gave her because she was too agitated.

I'm pretty good at directions. So, telling directions is very easy for me, but I do understand this is not the case for the most of people, usually for women. And I bet such people must be aware of that. Don't they think they should be prepared because they're not good at it? If she had a map, she would've been less upset, and I could have pointed the direction for her. She didn't have to wonder around long in the heat...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

浮き輪

浮き輪 Originally uploaded by piroko_kuroda She had mild fever for past a couple days with lose tummy, and the fever got very high on Fri. So, took her to hospital in the morning, and got antifebrile. It worked well, but we stayed home all day inside to take it easy.

Heat at concrete jungle called Tokyo

  都心で涼を求めて水辺を散歩。でもやっぱり暑い!更科さんの風鈴の音に一番涼しさを感じました。 Naoya Little waterfall in the city Masaki Water garden Very hot... 更科の風鈴の音が涼しげ

Science experiment of dry ice

Science experiment of dry ice Originally uploaded by piroko_kuroda