Skip to main content

Meeting up with local friends at my home town

Friends from hometown invited me to join a small party, and I made an effort and joined it last night. Like any other local shopping streets, the most of the shops were gone or shut for indefinite period, very sad looking compare to what I remembered from my earlier days. We gathered at a family run sushi restaurant, catching up with really old faces, how much weight they gained, who got sick, how old their kids were, what's happening with schools we used to go, etc. Wondering how many times we would be able to meet up again... Fun time flies really fast, we said good by to everyone, and I drove my friend's car back since she had quite drinks and I didn't at all (well, I simply can't). I hadn't driven for more than 10 years, and it took me a few times to figure out how to unlock the hand break, open/close window, change the light angle, etc., but I made it back home OK! Oh, driving was fun even I had to drive really dark streets in a middle of rice paddles without a single street light.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

浮き輪

浮き輪 Originally uploaded by piroko_kuroda She had mild fever for past a couple days with lose tummy, and the fever got very high on Fri. So, took her to hospital in the morning, and got antifebrile. It worked well, but we stayed home all day inside to take it easy.

Heat at concrete jungle called Tokyo

  都心で涼を求めて水辺を散歩。でもやっぱり暑い!更科さんの風鈴の音に一番涼しさを感じました。 Naoya Little waterfall in the city Masaki Water garden Very hot... 更科の風鈴の音が涼しげ

Science experiment of dry ice

Science experiment of dry ice Originally uploaded by piroko_kuroda