Skip to main content

We love you!


We love you!
Originally uploaded by piroko_kuroda

Here's Chikage's drawing she putted up on a wall of Gano's house in LA, and it almost made me cry. It must had cost me $100 to put on the web using my Japanese mobile phone, but I wanted to share with people, family, relatives, friends, anybody whom I have something to do with. We're all here in LA, family altogether, safe and sound. I must thank this fortune despite of the fact that there are so many people in tragedy in Japan, mostly in Tohoku area. There's nothing much you can do about it when it comes to a natural disaster, but I kept telling myself that, at least, by leaving Tokyo, we think we could contribute to save a little electricity and water usage, food consumption in Tokyo. Plus, it made my husband calmed down by meeting some old faces in this side of US.
I also thank Gano that he offered us a shelter, and talked through what he's been through when Katrina hit in New Orleans, and made a comment that you don't have to stay there if you don't have to. That made us feel so much easier that we took a flight to LA all the sudden, and escaped.
Things should calm down in a week or so, thanks to those who are fighting, trying to stop further damages regardless of serious risk of their life.
Again, I thank people and friends in West Coast who's been supporting us. We are so fortunate to have so many caring people around us, even in the distance.
Kids are loving this journey, especially they get to hang out with their father all day long, and riding car.
I'm still doing my diet, and lost about 3 kg so far. I see so many big people here, meals in huge portion, lots of fattening food, people drinking soda with doughnut, etc., those even motivate me to keep on working on the diet, a bit frightening Bought a pair of jeans yesterday as the one I brought with me is too loose.
I finally could have time to write on the blog so here I thought I should give you some update.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

浮き輪

浮き輪 Originally uploaded by piroko_kuroda She had mild fever for past a couple days with lose tummy, and the fever got very high on Fri. So, took her to hospital in the morning, and got antifebrile. It worked well, but we stayed home all day inside to take it easy.

Heat at concrete jungle called Tokyo

  都心で涼を求めて水辺を散歩。でもやっぱり暑い!更科さんの風鈴の音に一番涼しさを感じました。 Naoya Little waterfall in the city Masaki Water garden Very hot... 更科の風鈴の音が涼しげ

Science experiment of dry ice

Science experiment of dry ice Originally uploaded by piroko_kuroda